So, why Gnome and Garden?
I worked for Harpenden Town Council as the maintenance officer for 5 years (until 2016) in the idyllic setting of Harpenden Common.
This background has ensured a highly professional work ethic and a great deal of experience in the practical nature of grounds maintenance and tree care. This combined with a general love of the great outdoors makes for a winning combination.
We like to feel that trust, reliability and delivering a high quality of service are paramount on what we offer our customers.
Please note that we are also covered by £5 million public liability insurance.
List of our relevant qualifications:
- CS30.2 Basic cross cutting (chainsaw) — CITY & GUILDS
- CS31 Fell and process small trees (chainsaw) — CITY & GUILDS
- CS32 Fell and process trees over 380mm (chainsaw) — CITY & GUILDS
- CS30.1 Maintenance of chainsaw — CITY & GUILDS
- Operation of wood chipper — CITY & GUILDS
- Brushcutter/Strimmer/Hedgecutter maintenance and operation — LANTRA
- PA1 Foundation module for pesticide application — CITY & GUILDS
- PA6 Use of knapsack sprayer — CITY & GUILDS
- Basic tree survey and inspection — LANTRA
- Trailer towing licence (3.5 tons) — DSA
- Off road driving — BORDA
- Emergency first aid at work — ST JOHNS ABULANCE
- Operation of mobile elevating work platform (cherry picker) — IPAF
- Highway road works (traffic lights signage etc) — CITY & GUILDS
- Safe use of ladders — LADDER ASSOCIATION